The Anna Lindh Foundation and the European Institute of the Mediterranean are calling the fourth year of the international short story contest ”A Sea of Words” aimed at young people from the 43 countries of the Euro-Mediterranean space.
The contest is aimed at the production of short stories focusing on the issues of participation, citizenry and democracy, with the objective of showing the different sensitivities and realities in the Euro-Mediterranean region, from the point of view of the youths who live there.
The contest is aimed at young people under 30 years of age, citizens of the 43 countries of the Euro-Mediterranean space.
The authors of the 20 best short stories will be awarded with the publication of their short stories and participation in the following activities:
• Awards ceremony in Barcelona
• The authors of the best short stories will be invited to the awards presentation ceremony in Barcelona on 28th and 29th November 2011.
• Cultural Programme in Barcelona and Tarragona
• During the days following the awards presentation, the winners of the contest will be invited to participate in a programme of cultural visits and activities in the cities of Barcelona and Tarragona.
• The travel, accommodation and meal costs, both in Barcelona and Tarragona, will be covered by the organisers.
All the short stories must be sent to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
The short stories cannot exceed a length of 2,500 words and can be written in any of the official languages of the participant countries. They must be original and unpublished works.
The short stories must address issues related to intercultural dialogue, mainly of a political, socio-cultural, economic and environmental nature.
The authors must attach their personal details (names and surnames, place of birth, nationality, postal address and e-mail) to the submitted short stories.
Participation in the contest implies the surrendering to the IEMed and the Anna Lindh Foundation of the copyright of the contestant’s short story. The Anna Lindh Foundation and the IEMed reserve the right to publish and use the short stories received for their future activities.
The short stories can be sent by e-mail until 12 midnight on 31st July 2011.
Find out more on: http://www.iemed.org/seaofwords/2011/a_reglament.php