CALL FOR PARTNERS
“MEDsynergy – Networking for Sustainable Development”
for 1 of June 2011 Application Date
Project for second half of September 2011, 5 working days
Youth in Action 3.1.2 – Contact & Training Seminar – Athens – Greece
Focused on Sustainable Development within NGOs across the Euro-Mediterranean region, with the aim for organizations to collaborate on future projects (under YiA and Euromed IV programs).
Sustainable development (SD) is a pattern of resource use that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment (in general) so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for generations to come (sometimes taught as ELF-Environment, Local people, Future). The term was used by the Brundtland Commission which coined what has become the most often-quoted definition of sustainable development as development that “meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs”.
1) Youth workers be familiar with SD theory and practices through non-formal education, dialogue
2) Youth workers will enhance their knowledge and they will explore the opportunities that both Youth in Action and Euromed IV can give them.
3) Exchange ideas, good practices and experiences and plan new cooperation’s in a lot of actions (EVS, Youth Exchanges and Trainings).
1) All candidates must apply using the enclosed PARTIII form. This form should be sent directly to the Organizer no later than 25nd of May 2011.
2) The results will be announced on 2nd of June 2011 and only selected participants will be contacted. Due to the large number of applications expected, the organizer are not in a position to confirm candidates for the meeting. Accepted NGO’s will receive all relevant documentation
in advance by e-mail.
3) Its possible to participate NGO’s from Program and Euromed countries.But NOT from Eastern Neighborhood countries (Russia etc).
4) Each NGO participates with one (1) participant with NOT any exception.
5) Participants don’t have any age limit (but it have to be greater than 18 years old.).
6) All the participants will be supposed have experience in the Youth field.
– The training is scheduled for 5 days @ 2nd half of September 2011 and will be hosted in the region of Athens.
– English will be the working language. Participants must have sufficient understanding of English.
– Participation fee are 50 Euro per person and it will be deducted from the reimbursement.
– VISA and other related costs (insurance for participants from Med countries) covered 100%.
– Youth in Action cover the 70% of the travel cost and 100% hotel, food, local transports etc.
1) To be a partner organisation in this activity, please fill in the attached form (PARTIII), sign it in blue ink and put your NGO stamp on it.
2) Send PARTIII via FAX to us, our fax number is 0030-210-7291015 and
3) Send PARTIII via regular post mail back to our address:
Stefanos Stefanidis, P.O. Box 18233, 11610, Athens, Greece
4) Please make sure that we receive your fax before May 25th and also you send via post your original PARTIII. Furthermore, please fill and send via fax the TRAVEL PLAN COSTS (form in attach). PARTIII who will not be accompanied by this form (signed and stamped) will
N O T is accepted.
HAI Hellenic Association of Informatics [email@example.com]