The Slovak Atlantic Commission invites applications from young scholars who are interested in research cooperation with its newly established Central European Policy Institute.
Slovak Atlantic Commission, as an organization with long record in supporting young professionals in the field of international affairs, launches a think tank connecting scholars from Central Europe in multi-generation way. Young scholars from Central-European countries, who wish to boost their career by gaining all-important experience in policy-oriented research and advocacy activities, can work together with our senior research fellows.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for Master or Doctoral degree students or graduates:
– interested in long-term non-resident cooperation in research and advocacy;
– with experience in academic writing;
– looking for experience in policy-oriented research and advocacy;
– with proficiency in English language;
– possibly with experience from recognized university;
– with good communication skills;
– with expertise in one or more of these topics:
Research and advocacy topics:
– regional cooperation (Visegrad or Central European) in foreign policy and security issues;
– CFSP, energy security, transatlantic partnership and NATO related issues;
– transformation of countries of the Western Balkans, North Africa and Eastern Partnership.
Interns can be involved in one or more of the following activities:
• daily and weekly updates;
• policy briefs and longer studies;
• written commentaries in the Media;
Candidates are allowed but not required to be present in our Bratislava office and are welcomed to cooperate
online (ideal for students at foreign universities or young graduates starting their professional career).
Procedure: Please send the following documents to email@example.com with “RESCOOP” in the subject:
– CV with photo in English;
– Cover Letter in English;
– sample of your academic writing (article, analysis) in English.
The applications are accepted throughout the year.